Friday 28 May 2010

Yellow Cardigan

Baby items are always fun to knit, especially as it usually means a quick finish.  However, this one has been in the finishing pile for a little while.  The knitting didn't take long, but  I had just started sewing it altogether when the commission for the Tudor Bedspread arrived.  This meant the cardigan has been sat on the shelf under the table waiting for the side seams to be stitched and the collar attached for almost a month.

That done, it was another week before the buttons were purchased and attached.  Now, it is completely finished.  There are only a couple of projects left and the finishing shelf will be empty.  At least, it will be as long as I don't add anything else to it.

9 comments:

Nic said...

Very cute and sunshine'y!

Maggi said...

Really sweet. I can't see your shelf staying empty for too long.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Jane, Your baby sweater is soooooooooooooooooooooo cute. I love the design. Hugs judy

Patty said...

Congrats on finishing a WIP! What an adorable sweater. I'm thinking I should have a baby just so I can talk you in to knitting him/her a sweater. :) I'm kidding. Sort of. lol

Annie said...

How cute! I love the yarn. Some lucky baby is going to be very happy with that!

Terry said...

It's adorable! Makes me wish we had a baby in the family! :0)

Linda said...

Ah, how cute is that. I love the yellow chunky thread and I like the front- the way it circles around instead of just straight up and down. Very nice job.

Andee said...

Adorable! I took a knitting class last summer and want to practice more this summer...bought a littl cd rom to watch and refresh my memory and looked online for classes...I want to do socks! Maybe someday I can attempt something as cute as this!

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely knit...and such a pretty colour.