Saturday 21 January 2012

Just like buses

You wait ages for one to come, then two come at once!  Just like my quilt finishes.
  This was made from a layer cake I bought to do a QAL, then decided other things were a priority, and didn't do it.  The fabric didn't go to waste, I used it to make a quilt of my own.
 The top was made several months ago, but I had to get fabric for the backing and some batting.  That arrived last month, but with one thing and another, it took a little time to get it to the sewing machine.
Now it has, I'm quite pleased with the result.  A lot of the fabrics, I wouldn't have chosen on my own, but the fabric in the binding seems to pull them together and give it a warm look.

It's likely to be a few weeks before there is another finished quilt here.  I need to pull out a top, and shop for the backing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you're on a roll...another beautiful quilt.

Maggi said...

Another lovely quilt, a real autumnal feel to it.

Tudy said...

Nice quilt. Love the fall colors.

Terry said...

It looks wonderful! Congratulations on another quilty finish! :0)

Rudee said...

Just like buses? I like that! Both are beautiful.

Annie said...

Gorgeous quilt! I've been having computer problems and I've been sick too so I'm way behind on blog reading! I've missed looking at you work.

Gina E. said...

This quilt looks so warm - well done!