Saturday 26 May 2012

No Longer Detached

I had my doubts when I first made the red houses, and,  as the months have gone on, I finally decided I wouldn't be using them in the final quilt.  That meant I had to think of something to replace the red block.

I could have made another house block, but thought that maybe a "park" would be what was needed for this housing development.

Before the rows could go together, my green block had to be made.
This was the centre around which the rest of the house would sit.

Here are my rows altogether. 

The next thing to do now, is the rows to go between, and the borders.  These will be made from 21/2" squares of fabric used in all the blocks.  Hopefully, this should tie them all in together.

6 comments:

Tudy said...

How neat to do you quilt of houses that way.

Terry said...

Very nice! Now what will you do with your red houses?

Wendy said...

I really like how you used the square in a square block for the middle of your houses. This is going to be very nice.

Rudee said...

Central Park! I love it.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks perfect, love the park in the middle!

Anonymous said...

I think the park in the middle is inspired. This is looking really good.