Friday 20 July 2012

Page Progress

With lots going on in the background, a lot of things have come together at the same time and have been added to the ledger.
Based on the embroidery transfer, I drew and stitched a design onto silk, but it didn't stay like this,
It was used to fill in the cutouts on this piece of silk and an appliqued centre.
This was mounted in card, and forms a flap.

This is the page now, with it's fabric page and card flap.  I can't believe how much came from just one transfer.

Next it was time to turn to the peacock feathers.  The centre eyes are filled with french knots,

so a plain page has some textural interest.  This page isn't yet finished, but I like the idea of adding to it over a period of time.

Fabric swatches have now been added to the paisley page.

The tissue paper painting has been mounted in card and attached, so that's another piece safely inserted.  Now, I have lots of annotations and info to do and add to the pages.  I'm hoping to do that this week, and get them added to the appropriate pages.

8 comments:

Fiona said...

I love the look of the stitching on silk...
Hugz

Maggi said...

Lovely work. Is the design you used behind the cut outs the blue one in the photo above? Just wondered why it wasn't showing blue.

Annie said...

This is just so fascinating to watch. Love the peacock feathers. What an amazing project!

Terry said...

Lovely as always! I like the peacock feathers! :0)

Tudy said...

You have been busy.

Rudee said...

You are a remarkable artist. I love the peacock feathers, too.

Unknown said...

I feel thrilled if I manage 3 rows of knitting....
These are so beautiful

Wendy said...

Your pages are coming along nicely. I really like that you used french knots to bring some texture to the peacock feathers. I cannot wait to see how you finish this particular page up. I also like that you are taking time to think about how to progress on your pages. Just wonderful.